Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Arrival in Bangalore

My apologies for not updating sooner, it has been a whirlwind week! After a canceled flight in the U.S., I spent a few fast and furious days visiting my friend in Italy. It was a nice transition both leaving my family and adjusting to the time difference in stages. I arrived safely in Bangalore first thing yesterday morning and was welcomed at the children's home with everyone standing outside in the dark to sing 'Happy Welcome to You!' It is all so overwhelming right now, and I am feeling quite anxious as I attempt to adjust. My body and mind refused to sleep last night, partially from the time change, partially from anxiety. Everything is so different here! It is lovely, but what a culture shock. I have been given a few days to adjust and recoup before beginning work caring for the children. I have not been able to set up my own computer to the internet, but as soon as I do, photos and videos will follow. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers!

4 comments:

  1. Dear Hannah,
    It's Mary! I met you at Christ Chapel the other week. I was the woman whose son does missionary work in India.
    I am so glad you arrived safely and I am sure you are busy getting settled and adjusted. I would love to keep in touch with you and share in your experiences. Be assured I will be keeping you in my prayers. Remember, no matter what, the Lord is always with you to guide you, protect you and just love on you!
    Stay well....Much Love, Mary Olender

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Mary! Your support mean more than I can say! It is challenging for sure, but I am starting to feel settled and at home here. Thank you for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to hear from you!! I'm glad you are starting to feel settled and at home. It takes time!! :) My husband Bob also has taken some mission trips..one in particular to Cuba. When he returned, he returned a different man. When you see so much poverty and the filth that is in the streets and the poor children who are such victims of it all, you come to a new awakening of how blest our country is..how prosperous we are as a nation, how we take so much for granted, how much God has given us. It changes one's priorites and tenderizes one's soul, for sure. How wonderful that the Lord has given you a heart for these children. And one can only wonder how the Lord will mold your life through it all. One thing for sure...it will all be wonderfully good because that is the kind of Lord we have. He knows only how to give good gifts to His children. You are being His Hands and Feet there, Hannah. I must say I am just a little bit jealous!! :)
    Stay well and connected to Him...
    Much Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete