Monday, May 17, 2010

Las Cucarachas Diablo

R.I.P. Mr. Coffee
Over here on the west end of Waldburg, we're experiencing some major issues of the insect variety. No matter what we do these roaches just wont stay away. Now don't get me wrong, we keep a clean house, and we've accepted that a roach every once in a while is just a part of southern living, but this is a straight-up infestation. It's not even the big fatties that get us riled up. (In fact, I kind of like to collect them....you never know when you'll need a giant cockroach.) Its those little, slimy, creepy, crawly, silverfishy, nervy little buggers that travel in packs and overstay their welcome. We were fine with getting rid of the microwave they decided to live in. We dealt with moving all the silverware out in the open. We stopped using the dishwasher, where we are sure they have created a colony and are making babies at record speeds. But when they invaded my coffee maker, they made it personal.


Roach, a poem I wrote on my old school Rutgers typewriter.
(Pardon the typo, I don't have corrector tape
)

1 comment:

  1. I love this post--and the poem--it is beautiful, much like you

    ReplyDelete