Sunday, March 20, 2011

Elephants, and Camels, and Monkeys, Oh My!

We have been in Jaipur for less than three days but it feels like so much longer. We have played with a baby elephant in an elephant colony, watched decorated elephants and camels march in a parade, had chai with some monks and their gurus in a temple on a mountain covered with macaque monkeys, were attacked by a band of Holi-crazed Indian bikers, felt violated by some handsy textile merchants, experienced an Indian night club (don't worry Dovey, we're fine!), scaled a second story balcony when we got locked out of our guesthouse, and been covered head to toe in a plethora of Holi colors, just to name a few. It has been quite an experience thus far! Though we are having an amazing time, we find ourselves really missing the kids back at New Hope and often ask each other, 'I wonder what they're doing right now....' When we left Nishmitha was in tears and it broke our hearts and left us wondering what final goodbyes will be like months from now. I am also missing my family more than ever right now. As we experience more and more, it just reminds me of all that I wish I could be sharing with them. Though my sisters travel everywhere with me, tucked inside my locket, I wish I could talk to them and tell them all I am doing! Ahh, the life of a traveler is always bitter sweet. Next stop, Jaisalmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment