Sunday, March 6, 2011

New Hope's New Children!

We are excited to welcome three new children to the New Hope family! Siblings Thomas, Joseph, and Monica arrived yesterday and will be staying with us for at least one year. Their mother has taken a job in Delhi in North India and cannot take them with her. Their father's whereabouts are unknown, but their grandmother lives in the area and we are hoping that she will visit from time to time and continue a relationship with the children while they are staying here. It is important for such young children (Monica is the youngest at 4 years old) to maintain a sense of family unity, especially when separated. Though they don't speak much english, they appear to be happy and seem to be adjusting well. I am really looking forward to getting to know these three!

Thomas, Joseph, and Monica

2 comments:

  1. Dear Hannah,
    I can't even begin to imagine leaving my little ones for a year with someone else. How sad for that mother..I too hope the grandmother makes every effort to stay connected with them and will pray toward that end. On the positive side, thank the Lord there is a place like New Hope and those like yourself who are only too willing to love them and care for them. Such a ministry you have, Hannah. God will honor you for all you are doing..for sure!
    You sound well and like you have really adjusted to your new life and culture. Your name appears in our church bulletin along with your blog address. I hope others will write you and let you know they are thinking about you..
    Much Love,
    Mary O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mary,

    I know how you feel! I had a very hard time leaving my nieces and nephew to come here, and can't imagine leaving my own children for that amount of time. As a daughter, I especially cannot imagine being four years old and being dropped of in a foreign place and having my mother move far away. Though I wasn't here when she left, another caretaker told me that the children didn't even cry or cause a scene like most kids do. I can't imagine that they fully understand what is going on. The abandonment these children deal with is heartbreaking and I already worry about what will happen when I leave. I can already see that our presence here has been positive for the children, and the last thing we want to do is add to their abandonment issues when it is time for us to leave. Not to mention the difficulty I will have leaving them. They have so quickly become such a huge and amazing part of my life. Thank you so much for your prayers, please keep them coming!

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete