Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Girl's Life

Almost all of the kids are back and we are dealing with the overwhelming energy of the lot of them together once again. This time around though, we are in the new (very small) house with all the girls. It's too small to bring in beds, so they do everything in the center common room. Here they eat their meals, play, sing, dance, and roll out their mats when it's time to sleep. It's fun to be back in a group of all females and it's so easy to return to the carefree and simple girl I was at their age when I am around them. I remember looking up to my sisters the way that they look up to me and for a little while, I get to be the big sister I never was in my own family. They love to brush my hair and play with my jewelry and poke at my freckles. But tonight, I think I opened a can of worms when I allowed them to tattoo me when we ran out of drawing paper. Before I knew it, I was getting a full-blown teenage Indian makeover. Man, I've never felt so beautiful! (yikes)

Tatting me up and plaiting my hair

Getting my hair did

Luckily there are no photos from after they colored my eyebrows black with mascara

No comments:

Post a Comment