Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Update

Right after the previous post was written Nithin was taken out of our care because he was getting 'too attached.' This is bogus to me, and I can't help but feel really frustrated by it. He has made incredible behavioral, emotional, and linguistic progress since we have been taking care of him and given him the individual attention he needs. The way I see it, he is going to have a hard time when we leave here whether he is staying with us until then or not. Why should we be forced to withhold compassion and attention from the child who would benefit most from it? I was really burned by the news and sat and stewed a while, but once I realized there was nothing I could do about it, I played hopscotch with the girls and started to feel a bit better. (Even if I could only look longingly to my little buddy across the dividing wall.)

2 comments:

  1. Hannah,
    I am so sorry to hear about Nithin. I will place him on our church prayer chain..we have atleast 50 people on it. We will pray that he will be emotionally stable so that you will feel comfortable when you have to leave. We will pray for his protection as well and for the removal of those who would abuse him.
    Try not to worry. Commit him to the Lord and leave him in the Lord's Hands for his safekeeping. It is the only thing that will keep you sane.
    "Commit your way unto the Lord; trust also in Him and He shall bring it to pass. Psalm 37:5
    Love you.....Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary. These past few days have been rough! I was really upset with Nithin being prematurely removed from our care and my surroundings have been getting to me, leaving me irritable and feeling like I'm doing a poor job. After I let it all come to a head, I got my frustrations out and am feeling much more like myself. You're right, I need to just leave the rest to God and have faith that everything will fall into place as it should. Thank you for your comforting words and never ending support!

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete